Wed, 29 Jan 2014 18:01:41 +0000
The Write to Publish Conference is upon us. In less than one month, attendees will enjoy a full, catered day sitting at the feet of Portland’s leading publishing experts.
This Ooligan fundraiser is nothing like most conferences available to writers. Unlike writing conferences, Write to Publish makes the publishing process accessible to ticket-holders, revealing the ins and outs of the industry and answering your questions about how to get published. Read our previous posts about speakers, panels, and this year’s theme (New Adult).
However, the publishing content and catered food aren’t all Write to Publish offers writers. Ooligan Press also hosts tables worthy of a bookworm’s dream. Vendors from every step of the writing and publishing process will be peddling their wares—the ones writers actually want.
From publishers to agencies, Write to Publish has secured half a dozen vendors we know bookworms will love:
- Cogitate Studios—an editing firm to edit your manuscript. With more than three hundred and fifty edited titles in print, Cogitate Studios offers a wide range of editing services: writing query letters and book proposals, copyediting, developmental editing, ghostwriting, and proofreading.
- Gertrude Press—an LGBTQ literary journal to publish your work. Launched in 1998, Gertrude Press is the oldest queer journal still in print and continues to be the mouthpiece for LGBTQ voices.
- MacGregor Literary Agency—an agency to find a publisher right for you. MacGregor Literary Agency’s team of accomplished agents is one of the busiest agencies in Portland. Its credentials and services are impressive, assisting authors in editing, writing, branding, marketing, web presence, order fulfillment, and strategic planning.
- MindBuck Media—a full-service book publicity company to assist you post-writing. MindBuck Media specialize in consultation and creating interest during any point of a book’s evolution. Having helped authors sell half a million books during the last two years, MindBuck assists authors with marketing, preparing manuscripts for submission, and interior and cover design.
- The Portland Review—a literary journal to publish your work. Publishing exceptional local and international writing and art since 1956, the Portland Review presents readers with fresh, innovative works from Oregon and around the world.
- PSU Bookstore—a bookstore to support your reading and writing habits. Part of the Nebraska Book Company and located at Portland State University, the bookstore provides textbooks, gear, and supplies.
Visit the Write to Publish 2014 website for vendor bios and links, conference registration, and more information.
Take advantage of this unique conference February 15th, 2014. Bring your friends and questions, learn trade secrets, and enjoy meeting people who love what you love.