Summer is just around the corner, which means it’s almost vacation time! There are a lot of things to consider when preparing for a trip including destination, time frame, what to pack, etc. One of the most important preparations is finding the perfect beach read! Luckily, I’ve done the research so you don’t have to. Here’s a list of new releases perfect for your summer vacation. You’re sure to see something you like no matter what you’re looking for!
- Looking for a fun, twisty summer thriller?
- My Summer Darlings by May CobbLifelong friends, Jen, Kittie, and Cynthia are each reaching their forties and becoming bored with the monotony of the Texan town in which they live. The only things they have to cope with are their gossip, their wine, and each other. When a mysterious stranger moves to town, they think their prayers have been answered. However, what starts as friendly fun soon turns into dangerous obsession. None of these women are prepared for how their lives are about to turn upside down. This twisty thriller will have you begging for answers with every page. Available May 17, 2022.
- My Killer Vacation by Tessa BaileyElementary school teacher Taylor was looking forward to a fun, stress-free vacation with her brother; however, the fun is short-lived when they find a dead body in the house they are renting. Bounty hunter Myles is hired to find the killer, but Taylor believes her history with true-crime podcasts makes her the perfect sidekick for this mission. Together, they must learn to work together to solve the crime before the danger of the situation catches up to them. Available June 6, 2022.
Looking for a bookish summer romance?
- Book Lovers by Emily HenryNora’s life is centered around books; they are quite literally her job. But despite her work as a literary agent, she can never quite relate to any of the heroines in the books she reads. After her sister begs her for a girls’ trip, Nora agrees to spend the summer in Sunshine Falls. Her vacation turns out to be not-so-magical when she runs into editor Charlie, who just so happens to be her rival. As they seem to continue to stumble into situations with each other, they just may realize they have more in common than they thought. Available May 3, 2022.
Looking for something a little more dramatic with a focus on friendship?
- These Impossible Things by Salma El-WardanyThis debut novel follows childhood friends Malak, Kees, and Jenna as they navigate their lives as Muslim women. While their differences are stark, they’ve been each others’ foundations since before they can remember. However, as they approach the end of their college years, one night threatens to undo their years of friendship as shocking secrets are revealed. Will they be able to reconcile these new truths with their lifelong friendships? Available June 7, 2022.
Looking for something hopeful and uplifting?
- The Secret Life of Albert Entwistle by Matt CainSixty-four-year-old Albert Entwistle served as a postman all his life until he received a letter letting him know he was to retire. His entire life revolved around being a mail carrier, so when the news arrives, Albert is lost. Rather than continue to be lonely with his cat, he decides to begin a new life and starts to embrace all the possibilities he had shied away from in the past. He decides to find his past love, George, a love lost because of fear. In his journey for love, he just may find so much more. Available May 24, 2022.
Looking for a fun murder mystery with a little romance?
Now that you have your perfect beach read, you’re ready for some fun in the sun!